This rock and this hard place
Have pressed us between.
Much smaller, much wiser,
Reminding us where we have been--
Where have we been?
I can see shadows of our closeness
Pressed on the walls of my mind.
I can sense something like the pains of growing,
Wearing us down, calling us blind.
I can sense mercy persisting, silent resisting.
And somewhere inside
I ache with affection--
Pressed down by rejection, spread out into thin.
Can I say what I want to say?
No expectation--
Why do I fear I will say what I want to say?
Know, be known,
To know be known.
Oh, why do I fear I will
Say what I want to say?
I can sense mercy persisting.
This rock and this hard place have pressed us between.
clg 01.2008
All content on this page is original to the author unless otherwise noted. Copyright 2008-2010.
13 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment