Holy week comes around and I don't feel like much of a Christian.
Not because the gospel seems obscure to me,
But at times I fail to see how grace truly affects me--
Moving me to be the someone that has really understood my sins are washed away.
I spend all day wondering who I am,
And seeing who I'm not--
Thinking very little of the one who called me into being.
I could, like other years,
Conjure up some guilty feelings for Good Friday,
Wallow in the emptiness of Holy Saturday,
And wait to feel better on Easter.
Or
I could pray, knowing that I am guilty--
Knowing that there is silence between death and resurrection,
And that the hallelujahs will come, spoken into being by the giver of this grace.
I could pray.
That in the desperation that is Holy Week,
God would draw his cross upon my heart and on my eyes--
That I may be led to the tomb and to his great redemption.
All content on this page is original to the author unless otherwise noted. Copyright 2008-2010.
31 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is beautiful, friend -- thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment